3 month MRI results

So the print off of my mri are as follows, if you can translate any of this id be most grateful!

There is a hydrometra measuring 2cm

There are several small foci of intermediate signal intensity seen within the cervical stroma with the largest seen posteriorly measuring 1cm x 1cm. There is asscociated increased DWI signal most likely representing at T2 shine through. ADC values are well over 1000. There is a small cystic componant at its inferior margin.
The remainder of the cervix appears satisfactory.
There is a radiation change within the bladder and the vagina.
There is no evidence of a fistula.
There is no evidence of pelvic or inguinal adenopathy.
There is no evidence of isufficiancy chage or pelvic bone metastases.
There is no evidence of hydronephrosis or signifigant retroperitoneal adenopathy.
Conclusion: There has been further response since the brachytherapy. There is residual intermediate signal intensity remaing within the cervix. The diffusion characteristics would suggest this is likely treated disease and immature granulation tissue. There is cervical stenosis and hydrometra. ( I had this before) A further interval scan in 3 months time is advised.

What a mouthful, trying to work it all out. I cant get a hold of my CNS or oncology team

Sorry to be boringly quick to reply - what a list! The ‘residual intermediate signal intensity’ in the cervix is, I believe, code for there MAY still being some residual tumour (but it could be scar tissue). This is what you thought might happen by 3 months; indeed they want to rescan at 6 months (in 3 months time) to see if this has resolved. There don’t appear to be any other problems other than the build up of fluid in the uterus (the hydrometra). ADC values are cancer markers, I think, and it’s likely to be related to adenocarcinoma rather than squamous cell (which you know).

I guess the summary will be that there is some residual disease but it hasn’t spread and they’re hoping for a resolution within the next 3 months. BUT - they need to talk to you - you need a proper explanation and to know what their next move will be. Xx

2 Likes

Hi Shammy,

Good god that’s alot to try and decipher. I am no expert but i think it is positive :blush:. The conclusion states there is still something there which they think is most likely scar tissue so will rescan in 3 months.

Given its adenocarcinoma i think thats a very good result :+1:

2 Likes

Yes i think thats how i read it… i was fully expecting something to be there, it seems theyre unsure as to what it is exactly- either tumour or scar tissue. But if its not immediately obvious im taking that as a positive? I think?
Im slightly dissapointed that the report has been done but i havent been contacted yet. Or maybe im being a tad bitchy

How do you get the report. Ive never seen anything apart from when i was in hospital having brachytherapy i had a quick look over my notes. I just go to hospital appointment and they tell you there but there’s never been alot of detail around it.
Yes you should have been given results at hospital where you can ask what it all means but it is positive everything is going in the right direction so you should be pleased :grinning:

It is positive, they didn’t find anything suspicious , the only thing they found is an area that Is most likely scar tissue, and still responding to treatment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ive never seen my GP last time i saw her was when i went in April last year she was the one who told me she thought i had CC. Since then nothing when i needed a sick line i told the receptionist and she arranged one. After treatment no one contacted me so i contacted the surgery and asked if i should have my bloods done receptionist made an appointment and i saw the nurse. So good that your GP is keeping you up to date.

1 Like

This was a locum GP. She was lovely. My own GP did the same after my 1st MRI to reassure me that it was caught in time to be treated for cure. I know if it was my own doc she could’ve went into more detail as I know she has further experience in this field. I was in with her because of pain in my groin and she wanted to see if there was anything picked up. She has taken bloods etc as im showing signs of arthritis and my Mum got it aged 40. Ill be 42 on Saturday so its a possibility. But ill take that, its better than cancer.

Got my appointment today with the consultant. Its 16th March and via the phone. Im also taking that as a good thing. Its my birthday today so having a wee gin and an indian meal. Heading to my caravan tomorrow to get it ready for the year! Really hoping this year will be better than last. Cautiously excited :blush:

3 Likes

Forget the wee gin go large. Have a fantastic birthday :birthday: xx

1 Like

Wow, happy birthday Shammy! I’m sorry you don’t have a complete all clear for your birthday, but you’ve come so far and I hope this is a day which you can enjoy - in whatever way you like best! Many, many happy returns lovely lady. :kissing_heart::tada::tulip::+1:t3:

1 Like

Happy happy birthday Shammy! Much love :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you foe the Birthday wishes ladies. Very much appreciated. Sorry ive been quiet of late… 4 out of the 6 of us have Covid. :roll_eyes: Its been slight mayhem! I did have a positive resukt 5 weeks ago but no symptoms other than being tired so im perplexed as to how ive a positive result again! This time however it had been very much symptomatic- like a flu.
Good job my appointment this week is via phone! I hope everyones well :heart:

1 Like

Sorry to hear you’ve got covid Shammy. Hope you and everyone feel better soon. Keep us posted about your results. Sending you lots of love. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Good luck tomorrow. Will be thinking about you xx

1 Like

Hope you’re feeling better, Shammy, and good luck for tomorrow. I found when I had COVID that it primarily made me very tired. I still tested positive after my 10 days. I think with some people the antigens hang around for some time. Xx

1 Like

Thank you all. Nerves suddenly hit today. :woman_facepalming: Dont know why as i have read the report? @Jacks133 im finding with the Covid i feel like im recovering 1 hour then the next someone pulls the plug! Ive definitely turned a corner though… but these coughing fits ! :flushed::ocean::droplet::ocean::droplet::woman_facepalming: certainly straining the old pelvic floor

So my consultant is very confident that the disease has gone! Only a little bit of scar tissue left behind. Scan at the end of May where she expects things to back to normal.

And breathe…

7 Likes

WOW!!! That is super news, Shammy! Congratulations! :tada:

2 Likes

Fantastic news Shammy treat yourself to a large gin :cocktail:xx

2 Likes