2nd smear soon im scared

Hi all,

I tested hpv postive In july last year and my letter came in the post yesterday that brought back that fear.

To be honest …knowing ive have hpv has played on my mind daily for this whole year but tried to talk and calm myself down each day.

Ive recently been under stress with my new job and have been having thyroid issues (hypothyroidism). I am not on tablets yet they want to re test me in a months time.
I also caught covid in march and am worried all of this will have a negative effect on clearing hpv.

Has anyone been taking CBD droplets they put under the tounge for aniexty?
Also does anyone know if that has a negative effect on hpv? I want to try it but scared.

Hey @A-w258! I can wholeheartedly relate to how you feel… the dreaded fear knowing it’s that time of year can be awful, I’m in the same boat as you right now, my yearly smear is today and I can’t say I’ve been looking forward to it much :laughing:

The chances of you getting a good result is really high though on your next smear, and if it’s not what you expect it to be, they’ll sort you out and fix anything that’s wrong and you’ll be right as rain :blush:

Two of my friends have been on a yearly recall, and both of had a great result of testing negative this year… so it’s highly possible :raised_hands:t3: Keep your chin up and keep talking about anything that’s bothering you…. Might be worth reading a few statistics etc I find it really calming to know the reality of what it is I’m dealing with, but I know we’re all different :relaxed:

I’ve not really tried CBD oils, but I’ve heard they’re really natural so wouldn’t think they’d have a negative impact. I have tried some drops from Holland and Barrett called Rescue Remedy which I found helped with anxiety…. Might be worth a go for you? :+1:t3: Xx

Thank you so much Sammie. Sending you positive thoughts your way!

Knowing that about your friends has really settled my mind!

I guess for me i worry stress is the main cause and im a cinstant worrier so im off on holiday in a couple of weeks and will take that chance to un wind before the smear when i come back.

What us girls have to go through eh!

Xx

Aww thank you!! :grin:

I’m glad that’s helped you a little bit, it definitely is reassuring knowing some actual real life situations, rather than all the horror stories that Dr Google has to offer… which couldn’t be further from actual reality, he should be struck off!

Hopefully a nice holiday will do you good and take your mind away from it :slight_smile:

Ugh I know right… why weren’t we born men! :rofl:

Take it easy and I hope you have a lovely holiday! xx