2nd Colposcopy after LLETZ Treatment 6 Months Ago :(

Hi everyone!

So at my last routine smear in March this year, it was found that I had high grade dyskaryosis and my first colposcopy was booked. At the colposcopy my biopsy was taken and I was referred for a LLETZ under GA. Had the procedure without any complications and my results all came back ok or atleast thats what I understood as it was a lot of jargon to be honest! Well a week ago I had my 6 month check up smear and the results came through yesterday. They have found low grade dyskaryosis and evidence of HPV infection. I have to go for another colposcopy and I am freaking out all over again! :frowning: I thought after the first round it would all be over and it has kind of knocked me a little! I’m back to the place where I’m scared and worried and wish things were explained better!

I was hoping for advise from anyone who has had a similar experience? Its the evidence of the HPV infection that has thrown me!

Megan xx

1 Like

Hi Megan, sorry to hear you’re back in the treatment chair. It's not a fun place to be when you feel like you're done with it all and moved on. I was in the same position 2 weeks ago. I had my 6th month follow up and they found something again so now I am on 3 month check-ups. It really threw me and I cried a lot, basically because I was angry I had to go through it all over again.

Were you tested for HPV 6 months ago? From my understanding HPV is the cause of dyskaryosis and I know some doctors don't even bother doing the HPV testing when it is high grade as they just assume HPV is present. If your HPV is still in your body it could be making further changes to the cells on your cervix. I have started using condoms with my partner as I feel like my HPV hasn't been fought off and one theory is that the HPV can bounce back and forth between partners. I am doing another HPV check in 3 months to see if it is still there lurking.

I really hope the colposcopy goes well and I know it isn't solving the problem but in my most angry times I try and remind myself to be thankful we live in a time where these cell changes are very treatable.

Thank you for your message. I don't believe they tested for the HPV previously but I guess that would make sense with the high risk dyskaryosis.

I've been in a lot of discomfort since my lletz but my doctor advised it was normal but it has pretty much made my boyrfiend and my sex life non exsistent as it hurts too much! I think thats what upsets me the most is being told nothing is wrong then to have my check up and this and while the two may not be connected if they are thats 6 months of my life disrupted by it.  

I'm grateful things are being caught and treated and know I am lucky and fortunate I just am feeling really low and down today! But your message has really helped and made me feel more positive! Thank you :)

Oh you poor thing. That’s horrible you are having pain, my sister had a D&C done for a miscarriage once and she suffered for about a year with the same thing. 6 months it a long time I really hope it goes away or they can explain it more. I would say I have developed pain in certain positions and I have just hoped it would go away after a while. You definitely are allowed a down day. I got food poisoning when I was waiting for my results and I cried myself to sleep sobbing in between throwing up bitching to my boyfriend about how life wasn't fair lol. I must have looked and sounded ridiculous.

I do really hope this something small you can solve quickly. Let me know how you get on. And your boyfriend sounds like a really nice guy, not so many men would be so mature to deal with not a lot of sex.

Hey, I'm really sorry for erupting and really sorry for what your going through. I was just wondering how to start a thread of my own please I've searched all over and can't find anything, I've trolled the Internet for my problem but nothing's come of it so thought here would be the best place .many thanks and again sorry for interrupting:) x

Hey, I'm really sorry for interuping and really sorry for what your going through. I was just wondering how to start a thread of my own please I've searched all over and can't find anything, I've trolled the Internet for my problem but nothing's come of it so thought here would be the best place .many thanks and again sorry for interrupting:) x

Hi Sarah to write your own post just go into the forum topic you want to post under and click on the green tab in the top left corner that says "New Topic" hope everyone on here can help.