23 and worried

Hi all,

I've recently been reading some posts on this forum which have generally helped me with my worries, but I am really confused right now and I need some advice.

I'm 23 years old and for the past few months I have experienced symptoms such as bleeding during/after sex, occasionally bleeding when urinating, pain/discomfort during sex and exessive watery discharge.

I went to the doctors yesterday, and my GP was really understanding of my worries and reassured me that these symptoms can be for a lot of things. He done some tests on me (I'm not sure what they are called, he did tell me.. but I was so anxious I wasn't paying much attention to the details) he basically inserted something into me and took a few swabs. I bled as this happened and he said he could see some blood vessels on my cervix. He has referred me to a gyno but I have to wait until I get a letter before I can arrange an appointment.

I am so worried and have had trouble sleeping as I'm over thinking it all.

Would anyone be able to tell me if blood vessels on the cervix are normal? I dont know if it is something to be worried about or not. I am trying not to google as it doesn't help.

Thank you in advance

I've also just read another thread about someone whos worried because they have leg pain.. is this a symptom of cervical cancer? Because I've been suffering from really bad 'growing pains' in my legs for a couple of months now. Maybe just a coincidence.

Hi,

Welcome to Jo's.

Well you have done the right thing going to the doctors ;-)

Hopefully when the test results come back you will know what

you are dealing with.It could be other things apart from cancer

so keep that in mind.I know some infections present with the same

symptoms you are suffering with.So fingers crossed X

It's a stressful time waiting fo results,but try and keep busy and

treat yourself to something nice.Well done for not Googling ;-))

Let us know how you get on.

All the best

Becky x

Thank you Becky, I'll post back when I know my results x

Dear emjoxo we all know how you are feeling. I understand this is a very stressful period for you and I honestly hope it's not cancer you are dealing with. Feel free though to post here any time. You don't have to wait until you have a diagnosis.

I once had a cervical erosion, which showed similar symptoms to you.  It would cause bleeding, sepecially after sex.  When the dr examined me, he could see it straight away.  I hope yours is something as simple as that, I'm sure it is.  Cervical cancer, although not impossible, IS very rare at your age, so try to think positively if you can.

We;re here if you have any other questions, or worries.  Just shout....

Thank you all for your responses, I found out the doctor took some STI tests during my last appointment which came back all clear, and I have now received my letter to book a gyno appointment, which i've booked for the 26th, so just under 3 weeks. I'm starting to feel less worried about CC, not sure what it could be but I no longer try and get so worried.