2 year calculation

Hi,

I wonder how do we calculate the 2 year period,does it start fom the day of diagnosis or from the last day of treatment ?

Hi

im not sure what you are asking exactly but I would think it's from the last day of treatment that we would calculate time passed. 

;)

Hi Idyll 

first of all, congratulations on finishing your treatment and getting the all clear. Fantastic news! 

And this is a great question. One that I have often thought about. 

For me, I calculate 2 years from the time of the 1st clear scan (1st scan after treatment). So for me, I finished treatment in November 2016 and had my pet scan at the end of Jan 2017. So for me I am calculating that 2 years clear will be Jan 2019. Which seems ages away. 

So for me, I'll be freaking out until then. I just feel like if I can get to that date, it will be fairlY safeish. 

I am not even sure how my oncologist calculates it. I should ask at the next appointment. All he said is that I'll be on 3 monthly appointments for 2 years  

Would love to know others thoughts. 

Hope everyone is ok as they can be. 

Rosie xx

It's the anniversary of the last day of treatment. I've just passed my 2nd anniversary and am hoping for an extension of check up periods - 3mth to 6mth. Fingers crossed!

Funnily enough I've just come back from my 3 month check up at the hospital.  The dr told me that as it's nearly 2 years I can go to 4 month check ups. I said it's 2 years in November since diagnosis but I ended treatment mid Feb 2016. She said that's fine.

As far as I'm concerned though, I'll be 2 years on may 19th 2018 which is 2 years after my first clear scan x 

Hi

i was diagnosed with1b1 adenocarcinoma. Had a robotic RH with ovaries and nodes removed 26th July .The 25th august I had no lymph node involvement so. I other treatment is needed . I have to go back every 3 months for next 2 years . My next appointment is 1st December , can anyone tell me what to exspect at these follow ups x

Hi

i was diagnosed with1b1 adenocarcinoma. Had a robotic RH with ovaries and nodes removed 26th July .The 25th august I had no lymph node involvement so. I other treatment is needed . I have to go back every 3 months for next 2 years . My next appointment is 1st December , can anyone tell me what to exspect at these follow ups x

I asked my doctor this question d was told it starts on the day we finish treatment.

Thank you yulutsai :))