2 week wait

Hi,

I went for my first smear in 2020 just before my 25th birthday. The results following this were HPV+ for smear in 12 months time. I went for my next smear earlier this year and results showed HPV+ with low grade dyskariosis. I then went for colposcopy which confirmed CIN1 for smear again in 12 months time. This would be due in February ‘22.

I went to my GP this week as I have been experiencing some unusual bleeding I had mostly put this down to my pill - I’ve been on the pill for 11 years. I had missed a couple of pills around the time of the bleeding and when taking the pill perfectly I have no issues with bleeding at all. However when experiencing the bleeding my made went into overdrive considering the CIN diagnosis earlier this year so I asked to be examined by my GP.

On examination the GP said she could see an ectropion around the entrance to my cervix and a small bump to one side. She said the ectropion looked normal but would want the bump biopsied to be sure and would refer back to colposcopy. She said at the time that nothing was making her think (and I quote) “oh my god, high grade nasties” and said that she just want to be sure.

I left the GP feeling somewhat relieved until I got home and received a text from the practice informing me that I was being referred on the 2 week wait pathway as my symptoms could be cancer!!!

I am now so so worried and anxious. Could my CIN1 have progressed that quickly?! I am due to be going on holiday on Tuesday and I’m beside myself and considering cancelling all together.

I know that thinking rationally I should try not to worry and that CIN usually develops very slowly but I just keep thinking what if I am a rare type that is very aggressive and develops very quickly….

Some lived experience or advice would be so much appreciated!

Thank you I’m advance :two_hearts: