2 periods in the 4 weeks post LLETZ

Hello everyone, 

Firstly - thank you to everyone who has posted previously on this forum! What a wonderful resource for women going through this process. 

I had my LLETZ procedure for CIN3 just shy of 4 weeks ago. I have had a pretty rough time with my recovery, and I'm wondering if anyone out there is similar? 

Basically, a few days following my LLETZ (which all went smoothly) i got my period. It was pretty heavy but not too many clots, manageable for sure. I then developed a fever and sharp pains, and ended up on antibiotics for a suspected infection. The heavy bleeding from my period stopped after about 1.5 weeks, and then I continued to have light (more browny discharge) for another week or so. I was then blood free for approx 5-7 days. Yesterday I woke up with the most intense period cramps (i usually get bad ones - but this was on another level). It took a lot of pain relief to settle down. Then later that day the bleeding started, heavy bright red and lots of big clots! I am not filling a pad every hour or half hour, but I am concenred that I have been bleeding so much for the last month and it is quite distressing to see such large clots. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience after LLETZ? 

Thanks,
Chontelle 

Hi Chontelle, I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time during recovery. I am exactly two weeks post LLETZ as well. All I can say is please keep an eye on the heavy bleeding. It may be happening because the scab is coming off (which I believe it's supposed to do). Unfortunately I had to go to the ER on Friday because a little piece of scab fell off and actually exposed a blood vessel. It's very rare but it can happen. I was changing pads like every 15-20 minutes so it was pretty obvious that I had to go to the hospital. But if it continues or gets worse, give your a doctor a call and see what he or she thinks. If anything you might just need some more Monsel solution (which can be done in the office). Good luck!