1a1 no pet scan is that normal procedure?

Great news, Clear margins on my second lletz! I literally dropped to the floor with relief. Of course that lasted a day before that stupid freaking voice in my head started whispering "what if they missed something, you've not had any scans so how do they REALLY know" how do you get over that stupid voice? Or do I need to be my own advocate and press for a PET scan? Due my gyno appt on the 1st to discuss my hysterectomy so should I press it then or just trust that they know what they are doing? Staged 1a1 squamous cell carcinoma 

Hi

I had a colposcopy in May and LLETZ at the beginning of June, later on I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma 1a2. Had only MRI scan and then laparoscopic radical hysterectomy in August. Lab results came back with no evidence of disease (which means that they took cancer away during my LLETZ) clear lymph nodes and no further treatment. 

If you have more questions feel free to pm me :) 

Good luck, I'm sure everything will be grand! :) 

Thank you for your reply! 

Can I ask what made them do an MRI? is that when they confirmed no lymph node involvement? I'm thinking with mine it will be a hysterectomy but keep overies as I also have a heart condition and I'm (only ha) 37.

I think I'll feel better once they do the hysterectomy and come back with no evidence of disease, fingers crossed. 

This has all been going on since April and I'm just emotionally exhausted now and just want it done with xx

Hi

They scheduled an MRI as they thought my cancer was 1b2 or bigger (MDT debated either second LLETZ or MRI). I didn't know about clear lymph nodes until after the surgery. My consultant explained to me on my follow up app that even there was no evidence of cancer they had to go with the surgery to make sure there's nothing microscopic there. 

I had my ovaried preserved as I am 32 and they didn't want me to go through the menopause just yet. 

I know how you feel. I had my smear in December, they detected abnormalities and HPV positive and my case got lost in the system until May when I had my colposcopy. 

I am now nearly 4 weeks post op and all of that cancer experience starting to fade and feels like a distant memory, so hang in there as it will all get better. 

This forum is a great place, eased my pre-op anxiety and fears! 

Feel free to PM me if you want :) 

No scans for you seems that they took all the cancer cells during the LLETZ, and hysterectomy is to make sure no microscopic cancer cells and also to prevent recurrence but ask them at your app. Take a pen, write down all your questions and fears and bring it with you. I found it helpful as my stress levels were sky high and due to covid I had to attend my apts all by myself so I forgot half of the questions I wanted to ask! Stress brain is a horrible thing ;) 

Hi 

This is myfirst time on here! 
Firslty I'd like to send well wishes to everyone, this probably sounds like a really naff post lol, I have no idea what to say!! I just want to reach with ladies who are having similar experiences.

To cut I long story short after  lots of back and forth to the Dr's I had and appointment yesterday for the results of a biopsy and I ended up have a large loop biopsy! We now have a two week wait for those results. I'm keeping it quiet for now, my hubby is great, my 18yr old son knows but hasn't really said anything and I carnt bare to look my 8yr old in the face as we recently lost a close friend within 12 months after Breast cancer diagnosis she had to young boys and I told my youngest this wouldn't happen to me. I have very heavy period and large clots, it's my first day of period on top of getting of the loop, I feel poo and very lost, trying to keep positive x

Hello,

I had the same question when I was diagnosed with stage 1a1 a year ago last month. One year on and all is fine no concerns, I've had two colposcopy check ups since and as my doctor says I have a very boring cervix which is what I like to hear! So it is normal practice I think depending on the size of the cancer. Mine was 0.1mm and like you I was losing my mind thinking what if they missed something and it triggered off health anxiety like you wouldn't believe but the more you go for check ups the more reassured you should feel. Please feel free to message me if you want to chat I know how isolating it ca all feel. And I'm pleased they managed to get yours at stage 1a1 like mine. We've been incredibly lucky! Even though it may not feel like that.

Hi Im glad I founf this website im starting to learn what is going on with me.. so Recently I was diagnosed with cin3 all over  during paps and colposcopy  to confirmed. A week ago I had my cone biopsy this all happened in a month phew!! My doctor didn't waste any time!!  so anways I got a call 4 days after my surgery. My gyn doc said I have early stage cancer (squamous cells carcinoma, 1.0mm) Goodnews is that all cancer cells were removed and deep margins are clear  for any cancer  but my exterior area of my cervix is still positive for cin 2/3 but she believe that she cauterized that area really good during the surgery  but to be 100% sure she's referring me to a gyno/oncologist  and will let the expert decide to either do another surgery  which is probably trach because I dont have enough tissue left in there or maybe they will just monitor me closely!!! Im super nervous  and scared I hope she did got it all out and im free of cancer. I am nervous to meet the oncologist. I have a 7 years old daughter and hoping to have another one next yr my gyno said its still possible its just that if they remove the cervix that means they have to do a cerclage procedure then do c-section for delivery!!!   I know removing my cervix will be the safest route but what would you guys do??  or would you wait and see if that area gets clear in 6 months? proper diet and exercise?  or is cryo or laser is possible since the cin3 is at the exteior area of the cervix anyway??  please advice 

Hi Im glad I founf this website im starting to learn what is going on with me.. so Recently I was diagnosed with cin3 all over  during paps and colposcopy  to confirmed. A week ago I had my cone biopsy this all happened in a month phew!! My doctor didn't waste any time!!  so anways I got a call 4 days after my surgery. My gyn doc said I have early stage cancer (squamous cells carcinoma, 1.0mm) Goodnews is that all cancer cells were removed and deep margins are clear  for any cancer  but my exterior area of my cervix is still positive for cin 2/3 but she believe that she cauterized that area really good during the surgery  but to be 100% sure she's referring me to a gyno/oncologist  and will let the expert decide to either do another surgery  which is probably trach because I dont have enough tissue left in there or maybe they will just monitor me closely!!! Im super nervous  and scared I hope she did got it all out and im free of cancer. I am nervous to meet the oncologist. I have a 7 years old daughter and hoping to have another one next yr my gyno said its still possible its just that if they remove the cervix that means they have to do a cerclage procedure then do c-section for delivery!!!   I know removing my cervix will be the safest route but what would you guys do??  or would you wait and see if that area gets clear in 6 months? proper diet and exercise?  or is cryo or laser is possible since the cin3 is at the exteior area of the cervix anyway??  please advice