14 months on and I can finally relax!

So i've been posting and lurking on here now for around 14 months and I think a few of you are probably familiar with my story.

14 months ago today I had my first smear test with a result of High Grade Dyskaryosis. Unfortunately due to things being accidently omitted from my notes, I did not receive treatment for this until 3 months later.

My six month check up came back inconclusive and I had to be cauterised as I hadn't healed.

3 months later I had another check up.

6 weeks later (today) and 14 months to the day when it all began, I finally have my first clear result and have been discharged from the hospitals care with a retest in 3 years time.

There is not a chance in hell I will be waiting 3 years and I will be looking into the option of going private on a yearly basis for the near future but it's a huge relief.

I just wanted to say thank you to all you amazingly strong women who have been there to answer every question, give me advice and just generally make me feel much calmer about the entire situation.

You are all so brave and I have so much respect for each and every one of you and wish you all the luck in the world for the rest of your journeys.

xxxx

Hey Fiona

Fabulous news! Must be such a weight off your mind.

I totally agree about the 3 yearly smear, I would gladly go every year and pay for the privilege to not have to go through this again.

Really chuffed for you. Hope you get the best nights sleep :-)

xxx

Hi Fiona,

I'm new in the last week to this forum so haven't seen your posts previously, but just wanted to say how happy I am for you getting the all clear! Great news!

I agree, don't wait 3 years. I'm 26 now and have CIN 2 & HPV positive, yet I had a smear just over a year ago that came back clear. So things can happen in a year it seems.
So happy you've got good news :)

-

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result

Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up. Results show HPV 16 - high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed

Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken. Awaiting biopsy results

Congratulations Fiona!

Fabulous news, you must be over the moon!

My foot is in the other camp. If I were given the opportunity to avoid seeing a gynaecologist for three whole glorious years I would grab it with both knees!

Be happy :-)

Tivoli