11 years on from 2b

Hi all,

It’s been a very long time since I last posted. After an email entered my inbox today from this group, exactly 11 years after I was diagnosed to the day! I felt the need to come on and let you all know I was stage 2b and have been in remission for over 10 years now.

I do still have side effects from the treatment, weakened hips and neuropathy as well as bladder issues, however I am alive and kicking!

I remember furiously scrolling through this forum trying to desperately find some positive stories and today I wanted to come back and share mine.

Good luck all pre, ongoing and post treatment xx

29 Likes

Hi @Laura1989
Thank you so much for taking the time to come on and share your story. So glad to hear you are doing wellx

2 Likes

I just love stories like this!
What treatment did you have? Sorry you have ongoing issues but like you say, better that than the alternative!
Congrats to you xx

Hi,

Thank you both! I was treated with chemo/radiotherapy and brachytherapy. The side effects suck but are manageable, the biggest issue I have has to face is getting GP’s to listen to me, since I have been discharged from hospital care it’s not been a great experience.

2 Likes

Hi Laura1989

Many thanks for updating your story.

If you’re not already aware the Pelvic Radiation Disease Association may be of interest: https://www.prda.org.uk/

x

Thanks for sharing your positive story ! I am only 1 year on from a radical hysterectomy and still getting to grips with side effects but grateful that I didn’t have to go through chemo/radio/bracha. I have the fear almost everyday of reoccurrence so great to hear stories like this - thanks again 🫶🏻

1 Like

That is absolutely amazing ! I was also diagnosed with stage 2b in 2016. I have had 2 recurrances. One in 2019 and one right now. Thankfully they are minor. I have one spot in my lung and they want me to restatt immune therapy. I did one week of radiation last week. So im praying it worked and incan go back into remisison again. I am hopeful based on what i have read here.

2 Likes