10 days after LLETZ heavy bleeding and possible PID.

Hi ladies!

Ok, so my problems have been going on for over a year now.

First smear last March, inflamed cervix, and referred to colposcopy for biopsy. Results came back with STI (I know, lovely cheating ex) and CN1.

Follow up smear 6 months later showed CN2

Went to have LLTEZ but gyno decided to leave the cells and see if they go back to normal. They did. Discharged and back to have yearly smears.

I had heaving bleeding with clots mid May and went to hospital. Suspected Pelvic Inflammatory Disease which i was on antibiotics for. Biopsy also showed CN2 again.

Due to very painful and uncomfortable colposcopies this was to be done under GA.

This happened last Monday 27th. All went well. Consultant said to go back to my doctors and make an appointment to  have tests/scans done for PID which I’m in the process of doing.

10 days on from LLTEZ and I’m bleeding heavily. I’ve had discharge all week with black bits (sometimes with an odor) but today is the first day I’ve propa bled with mild cramps. It’s bright red as well. I phoned the clinic and they said as i don’t feel poorly they don’t think it’s an infection but if i still feel the same or worried then they’ll get me booked in and looked at.

I’m starting to feel quite emotional about it all now. This has been going on for so long with no answers and I’m worrying myself silly with PID as there’s a very high infertility rate. I just want it all to be ok L

I’m waiting for results from LLETZ, i’m assuming you have them anyway?

Any help, advice etc would be much appreciated for those having gone through similar. Thank you. 

Hi there, so sorry your having such a tough time. I also had heavy bleeding 10 days after lletz and I think this is completely normal. If it carries on after a few days maybe call back and get them to have a look. If it does turn out to be an infection it's easily treated with antibiotics. I'm sorry I don't know what PID is so can't offer any advice on that. I wish you all the best, stay strong xxx

Hiya

I think from what I've read previously that others have had bleeding a few days after lletz and it's not always an infection, but if you're worried then I'd say take the clinic up on that appointment and have it checked out. I totally relate to the stress of waiting to find out results, although I'm not sure what PID is, but wishing you the best of luck with everything and hoping for a positive outcome xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
July 2015 - Lletz results showed CIN 1, removed with clear margins. Check-up smear in 6 months. 

Sorry ladies, PID is Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. If left untreated can cause scarring on your tubes hence leaving you infertile. The only way to test is with a specific blood test and a scan i think!

Thank you so much for your comments, i'm feeling a lot better today. Bleeding seems to be easing up a little bit too :)